About Me

My photo
Working on fitness is like breathing for me...

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Set a mini realistic goal!

  I remember those days when I used to set unrealistic goals with great hope.. Those were all about losing lots of weight in a short period of time; like "losing 10lbs a week" or even more... That was pretty silly of me to set such a goal and you might already have guessed or known, I always ended up being all disappointed and discouraged about getting a little result which was not even close to my goal at all after bazillions of crash diets. Moreover, I had to go through YOYO effect later, which depressed me even MORE.
Things have gotten very different now and I said perfect good bye to all those miserable days after I changed my mindset. One day I was thinking like 'Uhm..I've spent lots of time and efforts to lose weight but I didn't get the result I want..So..This time why don't I take time and lose weight in the right way? I have nothing to lose because I at least know I wouldn't gain weight by trying the "right way"..'
To cut a long story short, by changing my mindset, by trying "the right way", I got to be able to lead a very healthy and happy life style let alone getting the result I've wanted to get so bad for many years.
If I had been patient and followed the right path in the first place for all those years, I would have gotten the result that I have now way long ago. But I don't get upset about those years,though. That was my trial & error time and I give myself a big round of applause for not giving up till the day I finally changed my mindset. Also thanks to all those gloomy(?) days, I'm more appreciative for what I have now.
The bottom line is...When it comes to losing weight, you need to set a mini realistic goal (for example losing 1or 2lbs a week by exercising & eating right, not by starving yourself to death!!!!)  that you can achieve and keep setting another one after one for a long period of time. By doing so, whenever you knock down each mini goal, you will feel all accomplished and be able to motivate yourself to keep going and even going further. There are so many things in our lives that could change drastically by slightly changing our mindset. Again..Set a mini realistic goat at a time and try hard to reach that goal each time!
All those mini goals that you reached will award you eventually for all your valuable efforts. ◕‿◕














체중을 감량하려고 했던 분들이라면 다들 한번씩은 '일주일에 5킬로 뺀다,내가!!' 내지 '한 달에 8킬로 뺀다!' 하고 마음먹어 보신적 있을거예요..ㅋㅋ 저도 그랬었거든요.. 지금 생각하면 참 터무니 없게 단지 살을 빼고 싶단 마음에 목표를 정했던거 같아욤..  새 모이만큼 먹으면서 고통스럽게 살을 빼다가 계획한 시간이 지나가고나서 체중계에 올라가면 결과는 항상 실망스럽고 '난 유전적으로 더 이상은 안되는가보다..' 생각하면서 우울해했었답니다.. 게다가 다시 음식량을 늘이면 어김없이 절 찾아주었던 요요현상은 저를 절망의 구렁텅이에 빠뜨리기 일쑤였죵.. 
하루는 가만히 앉아서 생각해봤죠.. '이렇게 노력해도 안빠지는 살..이번엔 좀 여유를 갖고 차근차근 소위 올바르다는 방법으로 빼봐야겠다..' 하는 생각이 들었어요. 올바른 방법이니 적어도 체중이 늘진 않을거란 생각이 들었고 또 밑져야 본전 하는 생각으로 길게 터울을 잡아서 살을 빼보기로 마음 먹었더랬어요. 
거두절미 하고 말씀 드리자면 마음을 살짝 바꿔먹고 올바른 방법을 택해서 시도했더니 그동안 제가 그렇게 얻고자 했던 결과를 얻음은 물론 그 과정에서 건강하고 행복한 라이프 스타일을 갖게 되었다는거예요.  처음부터 제대로 된 방법으로 인내심을 갖고 노력했더라면 지금 보다 더 빨리 제가 원해왔던 결과를 얻을 수 있었겠죠.. 하지만 실망한 가운데도 계속 노력했던 제가 대견스럽고, 그런 날들이 있어서 현재의 결과에 더 만족하고 감사하는 마음이 드는것 같아요~
결론을 말하자면 체중감량을 원하신다면 달성할수 있는 작은 목표를 정해놓고 하나씩 하나씩 이뤄나가야 한다는거죠.. 그렇게 계속 작은 목표들을 달성해나가다 보면 성취감도 얻게 되고 계속, 그리고 더 열심히 나아갈수 있는 동기 부여가 되니까요.  잘 살펴보면 우리가 먹는 마음가짐에 따라 천지차이로 바뀔수 있는것들이 우리 삶엔 참 많은거 같아요.. 마지막으로 드리고 싶은 말은 그 이뤄낸 작은 목표들은 꼭 여러분들이 값진 노력에 꼭 좋은 결과로 보답한다는겁니다..
오늘은 여기에서 줄일께요~ 좋은 하루 보내시는거,아시죵?? 바이~

No comments:

Post a Comment